Horseback Riding at Umauma
from $145 + taxes & fees
Operated by Wailea Horseback Adventures.
Horseback Riding at Umauma Highlights
- 2.5 hours
- Ride through open pasture and tropical forest
- Waterfall swim and picnic
- Lunch available for order or bring your own
- No experience necessary
Ride with Wailea Horseback Adventures at Umauma
Come with us on a breathtaking 2.5 hour scenic journey on Wailea, as we adventure on horseback through open pastures with livestock, enjoy scenic views of Mauna Kea and the Pacific Ocean on Hamakua Coast.
We will start by matching you up with a horse and saddle, followed by a demonstration with one of our guides before you head out on our beautiful Big Island journey. Horseback through different elevation levels and climates as we head up to local waterfalls. You will be surrounded by tropical landscape, botanical flowers, native plants, and coconut trees, as you ride across open pastures with happy cows that graze on our trails. See majestic views of Maunakea, the Pacific Ocean and cascading waterfalls. Before returning back, we will take a short hike down a small path to a waterfall where you can take a dip in the cool refreshing waters. Be amazed when you witness the waterfall spilling into the pristine pool. Fantasies come true as you picnic and swim on this hidden paradise. Fun for the family, couples, and even if you are traveling solo.
- This tour is operated by Wailea Horseback Adventures at Umauma
- Minimum age 8 years old. Children under age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Weight limit 225lbs/102kg
- Participants must be in good general health
- Not recommended for the elderly, disable, or pregnant woman. All participants must sign a waiver.
- Suggested attire is long pants and covered shoes.
- Bring bottled water due to remote location.
- Bring swimsuit and towel, swimming is optional.
Horseback Riding at Umauma is operated by Wailea Horseback Adventures, a third party operator on the Umauma Falls property. Booking, policies, agreements and tour operation is managed by Wailea Horseback Adventures.